Nov 3, 2023. 1:00-2:00pm, Central Standard Time.
Virtual! (Aka your most comfy space, with your regulating beverage and chocolate nearby.)
$20 plus some pre-submitted questions and feedback after. :^)
Yes! This workshop includes 1.0 Ethics CEU or 1.0 Supervision CEU (*)
(*) Presenter has a LCSW-S license, as per the 50% rule. (TX code here)
Note: once you purchase here, there will be a second form you have to click through and fill out. It’s short, but required and important. :^)
Improving Ethical Practice Through Planning for Supervisor Death or Incapacitation
If something were to happen to you, who would step in? Have you done everything you can to smooth that process for your clients and your supervisees?
This 1 hour workshop will provide a big picture overview of what you need to know and do.
If you have already taken the original Professional Will course, this one will be a handy add-on that’s specifically supervisor-focused. If you have not already taken that course, no worries, the first part of the course will review the requirements.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand a therapist’s legal and ethical obligations in the event of death or incapacitation to both clients and supervisees
- Identify and understand the role of executor in this situation
- Understand the ethical, emotional, and practical decisions of planning for practice management in the event of a provider emergency
- Look gently at the emotions around death and therapists
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the ethical and legal requirements of therapist-supervisors in the event of their death or incapacitation
- Begin to identify your preferences and guidance for client and supervisee care and record management in the event of an unplanned absence.
- Begin to understand the information that another therapist would require in order to step in to care for your clients, supervisees, and all medical records in the event of your unplanned absence.
Maybe you have questions about the setting?
It’s on Zoom. You’ll need a fairly stable internet connection. You can participate from home, on your laptop, or from a coffeeshop with your favorite beverage and treat. :^) I do ask participants to keep their cameras on for the most part.
Who is this workshop good for?
- Therapists who are supervisors in private practice.