I’m Katie Malinski, and I’m a parenting coach helping families in beautiful Austin, Texas. My pronouns are she/her/hers.
I’ve lived in Gulf Coast states my whole life – born in Florida, I grew up in Louisiana, and came to Austin to earn my Master of Science in Social Work at The University of Texas. By the time I had my diploma, I was in love with Austin, so I stayed … and now enjoy all Austin has to offer with my husband and two children – who, not surprisingly, have proven to be my best teachers.
For 20+ years, I’ve worked with children, adolescents and their families as a therapist (Licensed Clinical Social Worker-Supervisor.) I’ve worked with leading local agencies in private settings, schools, and incarcerated or mandated residential programs, and in private practice. Although parent coaching isn’t therapy, my work as a therapist deeply informs how I see and help with parenting challenges.
I’ve had extensive clinical experience with a wide range of issues and diagnoses, including:
- family communication issues
- defiant or oppositional behavior
- parental limit-setting
- self-esteem issues
- coping and social skills
- divorce and custody difficulties
- school behavioral and achievement problems
- sensory processing difficulties
- aggression in young children
- substance abuse in adolescents
- sexual development [normal & abnormal] and abuse
- problems requiring residential treatment
Now that you know a little about me, I’d love to get to know you and see how I can help your family. Call or email me today – let me answer whatever questions you might have, and let’s schedule an appointment!