June 16, 2023 from 9-noon Central Standard Time.
Virtual aka your most comfy space, with your regulating beverage and chocolate nearby.
Yes! This workshop includes 3.0 Ethics CEUs (*)
(*) Presenter has a LCSW-S license, as per the 50% rule. (TX code here)
Improving Ethical Practice Through Planning for Provider Death or Incapacitation
If something were to happen to you, who would step in? Have you done everything you can to smooth that process for people you care about?
This 3 hour workshop will help you understand what you need to do, and help you do it.
Participants will leave this workshop with a rough draft of their professional will, and a clear list of any remaining tasks. It’s virtual, so we can’t actually hold your hand, but this workshop comes pretty close.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand a therapist’s legal and ethical obligations in the event of death or incapacitation
- Gather and organize the information needed in a professional will
- Identify and understand the role of executor in this situation
- Make ethical, emotional, and practical decisions about how you want your practice and your clients handled if you can’t do it yourself
- Be supported in the practical and emotional process of creating a professional will
- Look gently at the emotions around death and therapists
- Actually create a rough draft of your professional will
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the ethical and legal requirements of therapists in the event of their death or incapacitation
- Describe your preferences and guidance for client care and record management in the event of an unplanned absence.
- Collect and organize the necessary information that another therapist would require in order to step in to care for your clients and their medical records in the event of your unplanned absence.
Maybe you have questions about the setting?
It’s on Zoom. You’ll need a fairly stable internet connection. You can participate from home, on your laptop, or from a coffeeshop with your favorite beverage and treat. :^) I do ask participants to keep their cameras on for the most part.
Who is this workshop good for?
- Any therapist, of any credential in private practice. Supervisors. Supervisees. Associates. Any therapist who isn’t a W2 employee, basically. Social workers, LPCs, LMFTs, and psychologists have all taken this class and given very positive feedback.
- Message me! I have answers. :^)