Anxiety doesn’t always look like anxiety.
Anxious kids can’t leave your side, cry around big dogs, and don’t like the dark… right? Nope.
I mean, sure, separation is very difficult for many kids, and unfamiliar animals and darkness are common fears. But that’s not always how anxiety presents itself. A lot of the time, it looks like rigidity, bodily complaints, huge reactions, negativity, or control. The good news is that the right parenting techniques can really help!
Join me for a 1 hour live webinar that will help you understand anxiety, know what you can control and what will (and won’t) work when your child struggles with anxiety.
Date: October 20, 2023
Time: 12:00-1:00 CST
Webinar will be recorded for those who can’t make the live version, and parents are encouraged to send questions ahead of time.
The registration page for therapists/CEUs is here.
This on-demand webinar will be about an hour, and covers these topics:
- Understanding what anxiety is and isn’t
- Typical symptoms of anxiety at various ages
- What’s going in an anxious brain
- When parents are anxious, too
- What anxious kids need
- Prevention techniques
- Techniques for ‘in the moment’
- Book recommendations
Maybe you have questions about the webinar?
- Your registration covers all adults in your household.
- You need an internet connection to watch. You can watch from home, on your laptop, or from a coffeeshop with your favorite beverage and treat. :^)
- If you attend the live version, you can ask questions anonymously and get them answered!
- If you watch the recorded version, you stop and start back up later, or even start over and watch the whole thing from the beginning.
- You can learn with your feet up, wearing your PJs!