WHAT: 6 Classes with Katie. Each session is half presentation/half Q & A.
WHO: Parents of kids ages around 6-16.
WHEN: 6 Tuesdays at 12:15CST, starting August 1, 2023. (8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22, 8/29, 9/5)
WHERE: Held online/zoom. You can watch live or the recording later.
COST: $40 per class. ($240 total)
Each session will last 1 hour. Here are the topics we’ll cover in these 6 sessions:
- The official diagnosis, and how it’s helpful to have a diagnosis
- Understanding ADHD, including what it is and what it isn’t.
- What the top ADHD experts say
- Taking a new perspective on ADHD
- ADHD’s emotional impact on parents and kids
- ADHD & Shame
- ADHD & Depression & Anxiety
- Relationship Thirds
- Hygiene problems
- Can’t vs Won’t
- Behavior modification
- “Perfect Communication”
- Many other interventions
- School, school, school.
- The best role for the parent who wants their ADHD kid to succeed at school
- Classroom specific interventions
Please note–this is a class, not a therapy group.
Do you have more questions?
This class series is for parents of kids apx 6-16.
Your child does NOT need to be formally diagnosed. (although I do think it’s generally helpful!)
It’s fine if you can’t come to every live class–that’s what the recordings are for!
Parents can email their questions to me ahead of time and I will answer them (anonymously!)
Maybe you have questions about the purchasing process?
- It’s easy and quick!
- When your purchase is finalized/confirmed, you will be automatically directed to an internal webpage to fill out a brief form. You won’t be added to the list until that form is filled out.
- Your registration covers any adult in your household–so feel free to watch along with your co-parent.
- Class registrations are non-refundable.
- Feel free to contact me if you have more questions!
Parents who attended previously had this to say about the “Parenting ADHD” class:
- LOVED this seminar! You taught me how important it is to parent with love for the child you have, not the child you want them to be. I’ve learned some great catchy concepts and have already put them into action like body doubling, finding a positive opposite, and identifying relationship thirds.
- So sooooo helpful. Responses, finding the line with parent /child responsibility, understanding the adhd brain… all of it. I literally have 5 pages of notes, I truly needed this, I’m so thankful I found you!
- It was incredibly helpful. I loved the reminder of the simple but so powerful concept of the quality of the parent/child relationship, and how that can heal and conquer all.
- I really liked the class and found it very helpful–the emotional impact conversation really resonated with me as well as the information about serving at your child’s pleasure when it comes to school.
- I would take this same class again.
- Loved it- so many things- I will revisit notes again and again. Can’t vs. won’t; importance of taking a positive view, prioritizing your relationship with your child above all else, full list of intervention ideas.