For parents of children age 2-11, this class helps with the moments where your child is really upset, and what you’re doing isn’t working. Those moments when your kid is tantruming, losing it, melting down, irrational and stubborn, angry/acting out, or whatever you call it… the Arc of the Tantrum will help you recognize, understand, and effectively respond so that you have fewer of those moments, and they don’t go so far off the rails if/when they do still happen.
By the way, parents of non-toddler aged kids: don’t let the name “Tantrum” scare you off… tantrums happen to everybody! (Ten year olds, teenagers, and therapists, too!) It’s just a word I use to describe the moments where someone is upset enough that their brain isn’t regulated as well as it usually is. Plenty of past attendees say they use this information with their spouse, too!
WHAT: 6 Classes with Katie. Each session is half presentation/half Q & A, and provides a foundational understanding for regulation and behavior in young kids.
WHO: Parents of kids ages around 2-11.
WHEN: Tuesdays at 12:15pm CST. Starts October 31, 2023. (10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/28, 12/5, 12/12). NO Class 11/21.
WHERE: Held online/zoom. You can watch live or the recording later.
COST: $40 per class. ($240 total)
- Understanding how an upset brain works. The Arc of the Tantrum. Recognizing Your Child’s Signals.
- What parents CAN Control. Recognizing and getting off the roller coaster of co-escalation.
- How to have “growth-oriented tantrums.” Growth vs Finish Line parenting moments.
- How to prevent problems by predicting vulnerabilities. How to effectively de-escalate.
- Flight Distance. Circling back. A case study.
- Your difficult situations, understood. Managing siblings.
Do you have more questions?
If your kid is slightly younger or slightly older, it’s fine. The core information about how brain regulation works is literally applicable to Every Human. I’ve just tailored my examples in this class to younger kids, and most of the parents will be parents of elementary aged kids and younger.
It’s fine if you can’t come to every live class–that’s what the recordings are for!
Parents can email their questions to me ahead of time and I will answer them during class (anonymously!)
Maybe you have questions about the purchasing process?
- It’s easy and quick!
- When your purchase is finalized/confirmed, you will be automatically directed to an internal webpage to fill out a brief form.
- Please note: you won’t be added to the list until that registration form is filled out. It’s really important! Please fill out the form right away!
- Your registration covers any adult in your household–so feel free to watch along with your co-parent.
- Class registrations are non-refundable.
- Feel free to contact me if you have more questions!
- “The class was great! I received a ton of practical advice with a professional explanation. Every parenting class also helps me know that I’m not alone in my struggles. :-)” Mom of 2, 4 and 6 year olds.
Your class is really helping us with navigating the flavor of issues we were having over here. I’m flexing new muscles in learning how to keep myself regulated and doing what I’ve aspired to (respond not react) in my entire 4 year parenting journey so far. The insight into how my reactions were fueling our battles has been so valuable. SO reassuring. Thanks for so many great tools.” Kay, mom of 4 year old.
- “The handout is great, love being able to go over it multiple times, and also liked the Q & A at the end. I know this is class and not therapy but it’s really helpful to benefit from other parents – knowing we’re not alone in our struggles. We’ve been really isolated in the pandemic and it was nice to know others were having similar experiences.” R& S, parents of 2
- Great class! Reinforcing the idea of a physical process the child must go through helped to make it less “personal” so to speak; the specific intervention approaches best for each part of the curve was also very helpful. M & D, 6 year old daughter
- “Katie’s class was informative, applicable to everyday parenting challenges, and encouraging. As parents we always want to do right by our kids but know that we don’t always have the tools. Katie did a wonderful job walking us through the principals and teaching us how to apply them while encouraging us along the way.” Parents of 2: 18 months & 3.5 years
- “I just completed the tantrum class….It was AWESOME. I have learned so much THANK YOU.” Caroline, Mom of 2
- I hopped in my car right after that last class and I had the impulse to call you through the car like I would a good friend and say ‘hey! You did GREAT and I really feel supported and encouraged and that was an awesome class.’ That’s a credit to how you do it and the intimacy you communicate to the individuals within the crowd. So yay!” Amanda, Mom of 5 year old